I just wanted to say that this time of year where no one seems to be able to make up there mind if they want to celebrate Halloween, Thanksgiving or just skip straight into Christmas always makes me a little depressed..... I mean I guess theres so much holidaying that it seems like the entire population just goes a little too insane for me for a month or two every fall......... I don't know how to explain it; it just freaks me out!!! The best example I can give is to watch Tim Burtons nightmare before Christmas ( an excellent film by the way). Thats about how twisted my reality starts looking about this time every year. Everywhere I look is something to remind me that its Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas. I guess thats how we keep our sanity in the winter.By decorating the crap out of everything with bright colors for any Holiday this fall or winter. I think thats why we do it cauce it's difficult to deal with all the plants and bugs and stuff on the earth dying... and were like uh everything cool is dead, now what? And it's cold out here. So we do the only logical thing we can; we go inside and distract ourselves by letting the media saturate our conciousness with rediculous amounts of what were once perfectly innocent holidays. We go through 3 months of this...then when we can see the earth around us is going to come back to life. We stop and begin to prepare for spring. The big fall 3 .....That's what I call them. Sure there to be as loved as any other holiday...Just not 5000X more!!! I guess Holidays are as good a distraction as any.....to remind you you are not on the beach enjoying the breeze and sun!!!! And instead you are traped where the earth is dying and humans are the only things to defy the logic of going south for the winter!!!! LOL LOL

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home